You still have time until 31 July to apply for the 12th book illustration competition "Image of the Book", promoted by Russian Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications in cooperation with the Book Illustration section of the Graphic Artists Association of the Moscow Union of Artists. Since 2017 the competition has become not only national but also more and more international.
Published and unpublished book illustrations and books may be submitted (digital format only) by professional illustrators, publishers, editorial offices of specialized newspapers and magazines and artistic associations from all over the world.
The award categories are:
- The best illustrations for fiction. - Illustrations for literary texts (prose, poetry, drama) of various epochs (folklore, classical and modern).
- The best illustrations for works for children and youth.
- The best illustrations for non-fiction. - Illustrations for scientific and educational non-literary books are considered for this category.
- Book design. - The best book design conception (single book or series of books)
- Original picture book. - Completely original author’s book project: idea, text, and illustrations.
- New names for book illustrations. - Works of young artists aged under 35.
- Electronic book. - Original art conceptions of e-books.
- Artist’s book. - Unique arts book projects designed not for replication.
- “Phenomenon” (Grand Prix) - An outstanding work.
Illustrations must be submitted as follows:
- In electronic form, works should be in one PDF file
- An annotation and artist’s biography should be attached to the illustrations
The illustrations in electronic format should be sent by 31 July to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners in each nomination will be rewarded with diplomas and memorable prizes during the Moscow International Book Fair in September (4-8 September 2019). The results of the competition will be published in the specialist press and also on the website of the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications.