The international illustrators competition “The Children-Spectators” belongs to the four-year project “Mapping - A map on the aesthetics of performing arts for early years”, an artistic research venture, supported by the European Union, looking at the relationship between early childhood (children from zero to 6 years) and the performing arts.
In 2019, for the first edition of the contest, , 31 illustrators have been selected among 418 participants from 45 countries and regions, by a jury composed by Ivan Canu (Mimaster, Milano), Mauro Evangelista (Ars in Fabula, Macerata), Giorgia Grilli (University of Bologna) and Roberto Frabetti (La Baracca – Teatro Testoni Ragazzi).
- The exhibition is open to Illustrators, including professionals and newcomers, submitting unpublished works or works published in the last two years
- Deadline: 18 December 2019 at h.12 (noon, italian time)
- How to take part: consult the rules of entry for any details
- Entry Form
- The list of the illustrators admitted to the selection will be published online. The publication of the list is for informational purposes only, in order to inform the participants of the admission to the initiative itself. Only illustrators who meet the requirements available in the Rules of entry will be admitted to the selection. The illustrators admitted will be sent automatically via email the codes allowing them to purchase a reduced price ticket (20,00 €), each one valid for one (1) entrance, or - from this year - a discounted 4 Day pass (50,00 €) reserved to them.
- The list of the illustrators selected to be part of the Exhibition dedicated to the “Children- spectators” will be published online. The illustrators selected will be sent via email a code to download a free entry ticket at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair (valid the 4 days of the Show).
- The Exhibition "Children-Spectators" will be held at the Testoni Theatre of Bologna from February 28th to April 2nd 2020.
For information: Illustrators Exhibition, Bologna Children's Book Fair
Tel. +39 051 282494 - Fax +39 051 6374011 - Email: email@example.com