The Exhibition is open to:
- illustrators, including professionals and newcomers, submitting unpublished works or works published in the last two years
- art colleges submitting projects produced by their students in the last two years of study
- publishers presenting their illustrators
Deadline for sending your artwork is OCTOBER 4th, 2019 (the postmark date serves as proof).
Works cannot be accepted before 2 September 2019
HOW DO TO TAKE PART
A - INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANTS
- by submitting your entry form online;
- by sending 5 original illustrations (fixed number), unpublished or published after 1st January 2018, in black and white or colour, produced using any technique (in case of mixed or digital techniques, please send the printouts).
- Once you submit online your entry form, you receive a confirmation email containing the coupon with the address where the illustrations have to be sent.
The entry form must be printed and sent together with the works at the address indicated on the coupon.
- Submissions will not be accepted incomplete or without the entry form.
- The illustrations must be based on the same theme and numbered from 1 to 5 in the desired order. The number of illustrations (5) is mandatory.
- Submissions of any other number of works will be rejected.
- Artwork previously submitted to the Exhibition may not be re-entered.
- Texts are not allowed.
Maximum sizes for the artwork: Fiction 32 x 42 cm (or 42 x 32 cm); Non-Fiction 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm) - Illustrations in larger sizes will not be considered, nor will they be returned by BolognaFiere.
B - ART SCHOOLS / PUBLISHING HOUSES / ASSOCIATIONS
- by submitting the registration form online;
- by sending the illustrators works using the coupon containing the address received in the confirmation email.
- Each Illustrator, whose artwork is sent through an art school, a publishing house or an association, is required to follow the individual registration procedure (point A)
- Works will not be accepted without the individual entry form filled in online, printed and signed by each participant.
The list of the received works from individual participants, art schools, publishing houses and associations is available online once the parcels are withdrawn by BolognaFiere, click here.
The publication of the list is for informational purposes only, in order to inform the participants of the receipt of their works.
Registration on the list of the received works does not imply admission to the selection.
ILLUSTRATORS ADMITTED TO THE SELECTION
The list of the participants admitted to the selection is published online progressively until the registration is completed.
The publication of the list is for informational purposes only, in order to inform the participants of the admission to the initiative itself. Only illustrators who meet the requirements will be admitted to the selection.
The illustrators admitted will be sent automatically via email the codes allowing them to purchase a reduced price ticket (20,00 €), each one valid for one (1) entrance, or a discounted 4 Day pass (50,00 €) reserved to them.
ILLUSTRATORS SELECTED FOR THE EXHIBITION
The jury is scheduled to meet in January 2020; the list of the illustrators selected to participate in the 2020 Illustrators Exhibition will be published online at the end of the works.
The selected illustrators will be sent via email a code to download a free entry ticket (valid the 4 days of the Show).
For any further detail, please consult the Rules of entry
Participation implies the total acceptance of the Rules of entry.
Click here for PORTUGHESE TRANSLATIONS
Click here for SPANISH TRANSLATIONS